Yale University is hosting the first annual Yale Sleep Symposium: Advances in the Treatment of Common Sleep Disorders on Friday, September 18, 2015. The Symposium will be help at the Anlyan Center for Medical Research and Education at 300 Cedar Street, New Haven.
- Nancy Redeker, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN, Yale School of Nursing (YSN) Beatrice Renfield Term Professor of Nursing and Director of the YSN Biobehavioral Laboratory
- Lynelle Schneeberg, PhD, Gaylord Specialty Healthcare Director of Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- Christine Won, MD, MS, Yale School of Medicine (YSM) Associate Professor Term and Yale Centers for Sleep Medicine Medical Director
- Melissa Knauert, MD, PhD, YSM Assistant Professor and Associate Program Director of the Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- Meir Kryger, MD, YSM Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary) and Clinical Professor of Nursing
- Vahid Mohsenin, MD, YSM Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary) and Fellow at the John B. Pierce Laboratory
- Brian Koo, MD, YSM Assistant Professor of Neurology and Director of the Sleep Medicine Program at Connecticut Veterans Affairs Healthcare System
- Lauren Tobias, MD, YSM Instructor
- H. Klar Yaggi, MD, MPH, YSM Associate Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary) and Director of the Yale Centers for Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Janet Hilbert, MD, YSM Clinician Internal Medicine Pulmonary and Clinical Instructor
A wide array of topics will be discussed, including chronic insomnia, circadian disorders, hypersomnia, parasomnias and other sleep-related movement disorders, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and treatment of various sleep disorders.